Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Met Office, Met Office, this is Met Tech at Whoopwhoop"

So it turns out my supreme professionalism had a group of field trainees in stitches as I was broadcasting over the repeater line. What am I talking about... gather round for a tale.

Back to Whoopwhoop, this time I got to observe the relocation of our weather station by way of the shipping container that holds it. After dropping a mast, removing sensitive equipment and standing well back it was just a case of righting everything and confirming that comms were still good. Then the waiting...

Turns out this job was double edged, having a Met person out at WPWP meant that the AGSOs could go about their work with out doing pesky obs. Soooo, 6 hours later I finally got back to station. All my reports were heard over the radio by a group out doing training and were apparently very amusing. They especially liked the way I say Whoopwhoop?! I was getting very sick of using the name by the end of the day...

Turns out that tale wasn't very good after all, here are some pictures instead.
Arriving, man-made Mount Whoopwhoop at the front

How to move a container in a straight line

Ready to go!

Mount Whoopwhoop with mood lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment