Thursday, November 18, 2010

Made it

Well, after a long and eventful voyage I have finally made it to Davis. I am in the middle of handover, settling in and have just finished helping install a new weather station at Whoop whoop. I haven't gone through all my photos yet but here is one to keep you entertained :) It is from the southern ocean trip. I actually forgot to take my camera when I went to Whoop whoop (that's Davis' Airstrip up on the plateau).  I am kicking myself. First Helicopter ride and I didn't have my camera... DUH!

1 comment:

  1. Woop Woop : invented name for any small unimportant town - "he lives in Woop Woop" (from http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html#W )

    Why am I not surprised at the name? Is there a 'Black Stump' as well?

    As for forgetting your camera - for shame, for shame!

    One Chinook hop is determined to grow too. J.u.s.t. o.n.e :-)

    ReplyDelete