Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Part 3, "The Beardening...Beardinator...errr Beardie McBeardald"

Ok, so I shaved for X-mas. Wow, had the beard long enough that it came as a shock what was under there. I will valmorphicise again after the festive period.

Had a fire alarm, 3rd in as many weeks, but this time I was on the board as pump operator (extra emphasis on the "-or" part so as to sound extra cool, think Inquisitooooor in Red dwarf). We were in the middle of an ozone balloon release... yep... the big one. We looked up (well sideways) and see that the station is full of people walking to muster. So we throw the balloon to the sky and run like mad to our respective meeting points.

All good and well, false alarm which was good for me in that I got a trial run at being the emergency pump operator with out pressure (hehe, pump... pressure... man I am an idiot). I wasn't able to do the complete fire fighting course due to ozone training so it feels good to be able to contribute to the emergency response in some fashion.

Anyway, station life goes on. X-mas coming up... be in touch!

Pip B2 Kenny

This post has been officially stamped as UNPROOFREAD, I am half asleep at 4:45 and CBF

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Coolest update ever, I just peed a little :) Miss ya xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. No '2010 Davis Santa Claus' for you then.

    ReplyDelete